Article 241 of the constitution of Bolivia
- The sovereign people shall participate, through the organized civil society, in the design of public policies.
- Organized Civil Society shall exercise public monitoring of public management at all levels of the State, and of business, public enterprises, and private ventures that administer public fiscal resources.
- It will exercise public monitoring of the quality of public services.
- The law shall establish the general framework for the exercise of public monitoring.
- Civil Society shall organize itself to define the structure and composition of public participation and monitoring.
- The entities of the State shall create spaces of participation and public monitoring on the part of society.
Article 242 of the constitution of Bolivia
Participation and public monitoring implies the following activities, in addition to those established in the Constitution and the law:
- To participate in the formulation of the policies of the State.
- To supporte the Legislative Organ in the collective development of the laws.
- To develop social oversight at all levels of the government and of the autonomous, self sufficient, decentralized and de-concentrated territorial entities.
- To create transparent management of information and use of resources in all of the places of public management. The information requested for public monitoring may not be denied and shall be delivered in complete, truthful, adequate and timely form.
- To formulate reports that support the petition for revocation of mandate, in accordance with the procedure established in the Constitution and the law.
- To hear and comment on the reports of the activities of the organs and functions of the State.
- To coordinate the planning and monitoring with the organs and functions of the State.
- To file complaints with the corresponding insitutions for investigation and processing in the cases considered appropriate.
- To participate in the public scrutiny of candidates in appointment procedures who are subject to them.
- To help the electoral organ publicize the nominations of candidates for the corresponding public posts.
English translation: © Oxford University Press, Inc. – Translated by Max Planck Institute – Prepared for distribution on constituteproject.org with content generously provided by Oxford University. (PDF)